Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Birthday Weekend Blast

I had an extraordinary birthday weekend that started with breakfast in bed and ended with a day at the Zoo with all my guys.


We saw the cutest baby when we got there, no I'm not talking about Littlest Buckaroo, but this sweet new one. This was the only time we saw the mom get up, she just kind of hung out and ate a lot, hey she is a new mom, I feel her pain.



However, Dad was trying to encourage his big mama to do some exercising. He was performing some of his stretching exercises, this did not get her motivated, so he moved on to a little Yoga.

This is called Wide Squat or Frog, it is great for your hips. "Hey Big Mama, after birthing our baby your hips need to be stretched, strengthened, slimmed...."

"Oh my, he will be sleeping alone tonight. Doesn't he know that you don't tell a new mama she needs exercise? Gorillas, I thought they were supposed to be smart."


Now, this is why we went to the Zoo. Little Buckaroo kept saying, "this is the awesomest day, I love the Zoo. Let's go have some more Zoo fun."
This my friends is what it is all about, look at the smile on our angel's face.
Thanks to everyone for their birthday wishes, it was a GREAT weekend!
And, yes, this week you will be able to read the day that The Park Wife and Ranger met.
Until then,
The Park Wife


5 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

Funny pictures of the ape! :) We need to go to the zoo again. That might have to be a weekend trip pretty soon.

OKGardners said...

Glad you had a GREAT Birthday with your favorite men! That sounds like a good zoo day.

Love,
Betty in Oklahoma

Memaw's memories said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday. It's always nice to do family outings, and the zoo is one of the best.

Mama Tango said...

Looks like you guys had a fantabulous time!! Happy birthday, late :)

Anonymous said...

Aw, sweet photos; I love watching gorillas!