Monday, April 21, 2008

My Best Friend, the Photographer

A few people asked to see a close-up picture of the still nameless baby horse at the Park. Well, I can point and shoot and that is about it, but fortunately for all of you my best friend is an AWESOME photographer. So, Nikki was contracted to take a picture of the horse and all I have to pay her is with hamburgers off the grill tonight.



Isn't she a beautiful little thing! I told you the girl can take a picture. So, then I started thinking, I know that can be dangerous, I should share some of her other beautiful pictures with all of you. No worries, I got her permission, but I have not got the bill yet. Donations will be accepted through the end of the month (of course I am kidding).



This is probably one of my favorite photos of hers from the Park. Isn't is wonderful?!?

And, look at this beautiful shot.


Look at how she has captured the vibrancy and beauty of this Iris.

This one needs to be blown up on my wall in my kitchen, you know my birthday is next week, hint, hint. Oh, I kid, sorta.

I hope you enjoyed them, I will share more as she let's me. I know, she needs to have a photography blog so she can share all the pictures herself. Leave a comment and I will make her read them to entice her into the blogging world.

We are getting closer to the meeting of the Park Ranger in my story, hold on Susanna (a very dear friend of ours informed me at church yesterday that I need to get on with the story) the next installment is coming VERY soon!

The Park Wife

8 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I love that last one, it is gorgeous.

OKGardners said...

My name for the baby colt:
"Cinnamon" (her color) or "Cookie" would be fine, too.

I love the pictures your friend took and she does need a blog to share her photos with us. (Her soon-to-be fans!)

We NEED a way to send you birthday greetings, but I suppose the blog address will have to do. What day/date is your big day? You are just a baby to me! You young kid!

I'm glad you had a good weekend and were having hamburgers off the grill this evening. YUM!!

Betty in Oklahoma (almost 90 degrees today! WHEW!)

Blessed said...

I need that last one enlarged too... All of those are beautiful!

Whitney said...

Those photos are beautiful! They make me think of, and miss, Silver Dollar City :)

I'll have to go back and read the love story prepping now so I'm caught up...

Patriot said...

Glad to hear it's coming soon!

Mommy Lion said...

Beautiful pics, but that poor horse needs a name! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence and kind words. I'm glad ya'll like the pics. I'd love to share more pics with you guys via The park wife!)

Anonymous said...

cool pictures!

When is your birthday?! Mine is next week too. Well, sort of (April 27)