Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Growing Like Weeds and Jonquils Galore

Spring is in the air, the time has changed and it is time for our annual Jonquil Festival, I love this time of year.

About this time each year, I try to get thematic pictures of the kids, immersed in jonquils, to gage how much they have grown in the past year and document our time at this park.

However, I have been overwhelmed with homeschooling, being the park wife (meaning Big Buckaroo's wife, not the blogger), prepping my garden, washing muddy clothes, and busy fighting two bad bills that are in the House of Representatives in our state regarding homeschooling and sales tax for farmers' market sales. And, frankly, I feel that I have been spreading my time so thin that I am doing none of this adequately. Well, and adequate is not good enough for my perfectionist personality. Boy am I being put through the fire on that one.

So, I was very happy when my dear friend The Queen Diva called and said she was 10 minutes out from the Park and was bringing her girls to take pictures and wanted to know if I wanted to meet her amidst some flowers. I could not pass up an opportunity to see her and get pictures of the Buckaroo's with her Divas in Training. Thankfully, the boys were not covered in mud, shocking I know. So, we threw on some clothes and headed down the street.

Unfortunately, the Buckaroo's were more interested in running around with the Divas then getting their picture made, but at least we made the effort.


Little Buckaroo, our shining star. He is smart, funny, and loves to please his parents. I adore him and am thankful that God blessed us with he and his brother and that we hold their hearts.



Littlest Buckaroo is our little rascal. He searches for fun around every corner and usually finds it. He desires to be strong and fight for good. And, Lord help me, look at those kissable cheeks, I could eat him up.



Another advantage of homeschooling, these brother's are best friends. They count on each other, and imagine, dream, and adventure together. We will do all we can to help this relationship be all it can and should be.


How happy they were to look up and see their daddy's park truck.

He hopped down in the jonquils and took hold of his little buddies. All of their faces show the plotting of how to get done with this picture so they could wrestle.


Soon I will share the pictures with the Divas in Training.



But, until then, a look back......




March 2006


March 2007


March 2008

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!! They are such handsome Buckaroos! and have grown so much since I last saw them!!! I need to plan another trip up there pronto! Love ya'll and miss ya'll!!

Lisa said...

Oh that is pure preciousness!!! And they had their clothes on!!!
You have a beautiful family and I know you are thankful for them. I love seeing how close they are to each other and I have a feeling it will stay that way all through their lives!

Marge said...

Where are your babies? All of a sudden they are little boys....no longer babies. It happens so fast, and always leaves me a bit tearful. But you are raising two wonderful young men. Kept going the way you are going......and when they are old, they will not depart from it!

Be Blesed.

Marge said...

My ssssss still only works part time! Sorry about that.

Be Blessed!

OKGardners said...

Oh, my goodness! Those two boys are growing up so fast. I had never seen the first 2 pictures of them in the jonquils. All of the pictures are precious to the MAX! I still think the older boy looks like Mama and the little one looks like Daddy. You are so BLESSED to be surrounded by these 3 men!

Did I mention before that Becky is having a girl in July? That will even up their count of 5 each. WOW! She is an amazing Mom. She is also married to an amazing man, just like you have.

So glad that you care enough to get involved with the causes you care about. You go girl!!! When does the Farmers' Market begin? Or has it already?

Betty in Oklahoma

Mommy Lion said...

WOW! I love that you have done this every year. They are growing like weeds. We need to plan a trip soon ~ the family reunion will be here before we know it!

Anonymous said...

I love the photos! So precious!

OKGardners said...

Be sure to read my personal email to you regarding some surprises I bought your sons. (Need address, please)

Betty in Oklahoma
aka "Professional Grandma to 13 1/2)