Thursday, February 4, 2010

Transportation Industry Downsizing

Washington can twist words, use their fancy rhetoric, but we are headed for economic disaster. We are in a recession and people are losing their jobs! 85,000 lost jobs in December alone.

And, now I hear talk that China is becoming the dominant superpower.

Scares me and makes me sad because this is our children's future that is at stake.

It really hit home when I saw this while traveling in the north part of our state.



Yes, the transportation industry is hurting too. A dramatic slowdown in consumer demand has been crippling the Nation's trucking firms.

What will happen when the Walmart trucks slow down? Where will you get your milk, eggs, bread? Or, your soap, toilet paper, razor blades?

Did you know that 11,000 Walmart warehouse (Sams) employees were laid off UNEXPECTEDLY a few weeks ago. And, 300 administrative positions at the Arkansas headquarters were laid off yesterday. You know it is scary when Walmart is laying people off.



Now, I know this was just a funny trucker with this on the back of his truck. I did find it hilarious. Then, being a mother of boys, I knew that was a Tonka tractor, yep, made in China.

Praying for our country,
The Park Wife

6 comments:

Strawberry Cake said...

I too am praying for our country. You might find my "head in a pan" post humorous or maybe not.....I just wrote of how most days I just want to stick my head in a pan and not know what is going on, because it stresses me out! But when Gods people cry out...He listens.

Arkansas Patti said...

I just heard about Walmart. That is scary.
Had to laugh though at the overkill transportation for the toy.

Jenna said...

Amen!! Please pray hard for our country, especially the trucking industry. My Father owns and runs a Trucking Company and he is hurting for business. I'm afraid he's gonna have a heartattack hes so stressed!!

That photo is really funny though, at least some people can find a sense of humor in these hard times!!

mindy@thesuburbanlife said...

It is surely a very scary time for our country. Some positive change needs to be made and embraced. I will say that some sort of humor is integral in these times. Without it life would be just too dang depressing.
I'm prayin'.
Mindy
www.thesuburbanlife.com

Basketwebb said...

I too pray daily for this country and that our leaders wake up and accept Jesus as their savior. It is scary for our children and in my case grandchildren ages, 5, 2 and 7 months.

mimis kitchen52 said...

Our only hope lies with Christ! The 11,000 employees were demo people for the stores! Praying for all!